Re: Push Notifications With NVDA

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

Hi,

Yes, the Mozilla enhancer is a good choice.  You can download it here: https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html .  I recommend redading the quick documentation on this page as it will give you more details.

When you receive a notification, NVDA will automatically focus on the notification.  Chances are you'll arrive on "learn more" and if you tab / shift-tab, you'll see the options.  Now, in most cases, options are in a sub-menu, so NVDA might read something like the following:

Facebook would like to access your current location.

Don't allow

Allow (sub menu)

If you press space on the sub-menu, you will be given more options on what to allow.  The same thing might apply to "don't allow" choices.

The NVDA addon for Mozilla just focuses you on the notification.  You could access it without the addon, by pressing shift-tab when at the top of the page, or tab when at the bottom (you might need to do that several times, since the notifications are somewhere near the address bar for us and are not necessarily easy to see, hence the addon).

Finally, with the addon installed, NVDA will focus on notifications when they arrive.  This might not be desired.  You can just press the escape key to go back to the website (your last position will be kept).

Also notice the NVDA+A shortcut which I personally find extremely useful with this addon.

Hope that helps,

Vincent

On 7/19/2019 1:01 PM, Marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,
For testing purposes, I've enabled push notifications for FB on my Firefox.
Now, although I can hear NVDA reporting these notifications, try as I may, I can't for the life of me find a way of interacting with them.
So my question is, once NVDA reports a notification of this kind how do I interact with it?

Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.