Re: Push Notifications With NVDA

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

For Firefox users (like myself): having Firefox push notifications to Windows seems to be supported, according to this website that does some advertising of this feature for a version of Firefox that has been released for 6 months, if I'm not mistaken: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/10/08/firefox-gets-native-windows-10-notifications-support/ .

Vincent

On 7/19/2019 4:29 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 09:58 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Actually, Windows+(Shift+)V for toast notifications, and Windows+A for Action Center (I get this sometimes while using Slack, so this is nothing new).
And, as a recent topic brought to the fore, if one is using Chrome it's possible to have the browser push those push messages straight over to Windows to be presented as toast notifications, or not.

So one has to know what browser is being used and whether certain features have been configured in certain ways to know for certain how one might directly interact with a push message.

This stuff is getting much more wildly complicated, configuration wise and interaction wise, as new options regarding "who does what, or who passes what to whom" are being created.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide