Re: Alpine and Pico

Christopher Gray

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 17:33:26 +0000
From: Christopher Gray via Groups.Io <chris=moblind.org@groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Alpine and Pico

In answer to Brian's question, Alpine has an installable version and as a part
of it, Pico is installed. This did not make a difference in the behavior of
these two programs.

Chris

------------------------------------

Hi:

I use two fairly old pieces of software: the Alpine email client; the Pico
text
editor. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to get this software to work
with NVDA. It only shows a blank screen for me.

Pico is particularly portable and I'm betting that the two programs have the
same screen issues since they were written by the same source. I haven't
attached it here but sending it via email should be very simple.

Is there a way I can try to diagnose this? Or, might somebody be willing to
look at this who knows more about thwat they are doing?

Many thanks.

Chris

On Tue, 18 Jun
2019, Brian Vogel via
Groups.Io wrote:

Do one, the other, or both of these programs have installable versions in addition to portable versions?

If they do, the first thing to try is to install the installable version and see if it interacts (or doesn't interact) with NVDA in the same way.

*Puritanism:  The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.*

~ H.L. Mencken

Have you considered Annual Giving or including a gift to Missouri Council of the Blind in
your Will or Estate Plan? Contact me as shown below and I can help you with this.

Christopher Gray, Executive Director
Missouri Council of the Blind

5453 Chippewa
St. Louis, MO 63109
Phone: (314) 832-7172
Toll-free: (800) 342-5632
Fax: (314) 832-7796

Like Jazz? Want to know more about jazz?
Tune into "A Journey into Jazz" with the Jazz Guys on the Global Voice, Chris and Don.
Listen live each Wednesday at 00:00 Utc, 7:00 P.M. Eastern, 4:00 P.M. Pacific
Find us by going to theglobalvoice.info/broadband.pls.
Can't listen live? go to theglobalvoice.info and choose the "Listen to
Past Shows" link any time during the week after each live broadcast.
You can also go to the link www.jazzguys.libsyn.com for the podcasts!
Or, subscribe to us through iTunes or TuneIn Radio.