Re: Can I change NVDA key commands

Gene

Clearly, something like keyboard and gestures help should be the title.  Input help, while technically correct and covering any possible means of input is too technical to give users who are not technically knowledgeable confidence that they know what is being described.

Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2019 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Can I change NVDA key commands

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 11:32 AM, Joseph Norton wrote:
I saw “input gestures” on the menu, but, thought it only applied to touch gestures, so didn’t try it.
I've actually complained on this list (but I don't think on github) about this very unfortunate choice of terminology.   Your presumption that gestures applies to touch actions is almost universal across the UI world.  Keyboard shortcuts are not gestures and never the twain shall meet.

There are often separate keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures to do the same thing which clearly indicates their separation as entities.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide