Re: cells in Excel not reading after a cell is typed in

Quentin Christensen

I'm actually not clear on what the issue here is.  Are you saying after editing a cell, when you move around the worksheet NVDA isn't reading cell coordinates (A1, B5, etc)?  If that, is it reading them before editing the cell?  In NVDA's Document settings (NVDA+control+d) there is an option to report "cell coordinates" (alt+o on that page), although that shouldn't have anything to do with editing a cell.

Otherwise, the usual things to check:
1) You said you were running 2019.1.1 so it's unlikely you recently installed that, but since we did release 2019.2 rc2 today, if you update versions, be sure to restart the computer.
2) Are you using any add-ons?  Try pressing NVDA+q, then down arrow to "restart with add-ons disabled" and press ENTER.

If neither of those help, could you provide exact steps to repro, as well as what is happening (and what should happen) and a copy of your NVDA log (perhaps at Debug level, since it sounds like it's just not reading something you're expecting it to read, where it may not be generating an error).  See https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/LogFilesAndCrashDumps for info on log files.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 11:07 AM Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@...> wrote:
I think I'm experiencing a similar, if not exactly the same, issue as well with the latest version of NVDA and Excel 2016/365.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2beta1 now available!