Re: Setting global speech rate across various profiles

Quentin Christensen

When you create a profile for a program, it saves only those changes to settings you make while that program is active.

So if I have a profile for Excel, and my normal profile I use for everything else, if I change the speech rate while in Excel, it will ONLY affect the speech rate while Excel, and when I go to Firefox, the speech rate will go revert.  If instead, I change the speech rate in Firefox, then the new rate will work in Firefox and Excel.  So, if you change the speech rate while using the "normal" profile, and you haven't changed it while using any other programs with their own rates set, then yes it will work everywhere.

There isn't a way that will let you have configuration profiles for different apps to save SOME settings, but not speech rate.  So, the other question perhaps is, which is more important to you: being able to adjust the speech rate at any point and have it apply across the board?  OR having the current restriction on "global" speech rate changes, but being able to set other NVDA settings on a per-program basis?

Quentin

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 7:09 AM Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@...> wrote:
Hello Everyone.

     I am using NVDA with different profiles for various programs. I am
wondering if there is any way to get NVDA to respect the global speech
rate I have set as I switch between programs? The speech rate is
something I'm not really interested in customising on a per program
basis. At the moment, if I slow the speech rate down then go in to excel
for example, the last speech rate that was set in relation to my excel
profile is loaded. I can see how this would be useful for some but I
would like the option of using the global setting per profile for
certain items if possible. Any replies are much appreciated.

Thanks for reading,

Mo.

--
Quentin Christensen