You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same
now.??? He had plenty of chances, anyone that may have gotten removed from
this group had plenty of chances, interesting

On Jul 13, 2016, at 7:55 PM, michael chopra <justforlists689@gmail.com>
wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. As an admin of said group, I am sorry to say that
we, Shawn, did give the said user a chance. Because he didn't give us good
reason to keep him in both groups, we removed him. Sorry for your
inconvenience. The way things are, we decided to make it so that only we
who are in these groups can add anyone,.
Thank you for reading and understanding.
From Michael.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shaun
Everiss
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2016 15:52
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nvda skype group and skype groups in general

Hi all users.
I am having some serious concerns about groups on skype.
I know we are not able to control what goes on outside this forum,
however, while I like unmoderated groups from time to time on loose topics
etc, I do see times when a moderator was needed.
Yesterday some users had issue with another user.
How he came accross and said user saying sapi4 didn't work on windows 10
which it does, saying that I was unsure never have used it in 10 myself.
I do know old sapi5 ms voices can cause dammage, etc.
Said user was removed without a chance to defend his actions.
Then both groups had their join features disabled.
It also appears with skype groups in general that everyone can add remove,
disable, hide unhide everything and everyone and the only protection is to
ask not to.
Clearly skype groups are not secure.
Once someone has a dissaggreement it can turn ugly quite fast.
I have seen random strings, and other junk posted on some of these and
offtopic chatter which I was happy to take part in.
I am no longer associated with both groups involved though.
A few days ago there was a descussion on what group or list was a good
mediam for nvda.
A forum and a email list came up.
From what I saw yesterday, an email list and forum can be moderated and
not everyone has admin power.
Yesterday it demonstrated how unready we as a community or at least some
of us are ready for that power.
Because of this to those in the groups effected I am not coming back.
You didn't give joseph lee a chance to defend himself and I do the same
now.
You have driven me away from what I thought would be a good group, and
have shown me skype groups are not the best medium for descussion at all
especially if they can not be moderated or secured.
There are a lot more things I want to say but I have said my bit.
I also know by putting this I am probably making enemies here may even be
cutting my path out of the groups involved, but I have no choice really.
I know we as a community are better than this.

austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.