Re: NVDA modifier key and Words+ EZ Keys

Tyler Spivey

Interestingly enough, that autohotkey script is working here under Windows 10. For some reason it doesn't work for you, so I came up with something else.

I wrote an addon that makes NVDA think sticky keys is enabled, which triggers the code that gives you a sticky modifier key, and only affects NVDA.

Download this addon and install it. Once done, whatever keys you have checked as modifiers in keyboard settings will stick for one press.
You should then be able to tell EZ Keys to press caps lock or insert, then press t to read the window title. NVDA should beep when you press the modifier.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bc10qxbesqxf91p/stickyModifier-0.1.nvda-addon?dl=1

On 8/1/2019 4:36 PM, Gabbert, Darren wrote:
I did check, and "Handle keys from other applications" is checked.
Here is the autohotkeys script...
*`::
if (toggle := !toggle)
Send, {Insert Down}
else
Send, {Insert Up}
ToolTip % "Insert key is " (GetKeyState("Insert")=1 ? "Down" : "Up")
Return
I remapped the ` key simply because it is essentially available. When I trigger the ` key, I get the ToolTip showing "Insert key is Down." And triggering again, the ToolTip will show "Insert key is Up." But when I load NVDA and then trigger the ` key, the ToolTip always shows "Insert key is up." In other words, with NVDA loaded, the autohotkeys script no longer toggles holding down the Insert key.
Thanks for the continued help with this...
Darren