Re: Is there a way to set NVDA 2019.2-RC1 to exit focus mode in Skype?

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

All I do is just change it to browse mode if it doesn't go in straight away, so then I can jump around it like a web page.

Gene NZ

On 2/08/2019 5:47 PM, John Isige wrote:
Unchecking "enable browse mode on page load" doesn't seem to do
anything. Well, the arrows will move the cursor, but only within a
block. So if I'm on a message it will move within that message, but if I
get to the edit field it will only move in that. I still have to hit
NVDA-space to get the arrows to move through all of Skype normally. This
is Skype 8 desktop, specifically Skype 8.50. It's not a big deal if
there's no way to change it, it's just annoying because it's something i
have to stop and do every time I open skype for the first time after I boot.

On 8/1/2019 3:19, Luke Davis wrote:
Have you tried setting up a config profile, triggered by Skype, that
does one of the following:

* Is saved with browse mode off, so when it triggers browse mode will
alrady be off; or
* Has the "Enable browse mode on page load" option disabled?

If a configuration profile will hold either the browse mode state, or
that option, that should be a good solution for you.

Luke

On Wed, 31 Jul 2019, John Isige wrote:

So I asked about this Skype issue and Joseph was right. If you hit
NVDA-space, it takes NVDA out of focus mode and you can arrow through
Skype controls as usual. What's interesting is that it seems to be
preserved until restart. That is, when I first get into Skype I have
to hit NVDA-space, but once I've done that, it's set until I restart
NVDA, even if I close Skype and re-open it again, well, make it
minimize to the system tray or whatever it does.

So is there a way to set NVDA to not be in focus mode when I open
Skype? I don't know what changed between 2019.1 and 2019.2 so I don't
know what setting change(s) to make, or if it's even possible.