Re: code factory voices addon

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 01:32 AM 8/3/2019, Gene wrote:
An add-on is what it says, an add-on. It isn't part of the
screen-reader. Many add-ons are free. People develop them as a
volunteer, non profit activity. That doesn't mean they all are. The
add-on for voices that charge for their use must be paid for, just as
the SAPI 5 voices you are discussing must be. they are for profit voices.
And if I want to develop an add-on and charge for my work, that would
be my decision. I can charge even if it all my original work.
Agreed. However, I think it's excessive to have to purchase both the Vocalizer voices and the NVDA addon just to use those voices with NVDA. Thatt voice venture would set one back by $184. I understand rewarding people's work in creating addons that render previously inaccessible applications accessible. But if NVDA requires an addon to run voices that every other screen reader can run on the SAPI5 Vocalizer license, that's a fundamental design flaw in NVDA.

Orlando Enrique Fiol