Re: code factory voices addon

Hello,

The NVDA add-on for the Vocalizer voices and their SAPI5 variants are separate things/products. You can use either one or the other. You don't need to buy both, to be able to use the Vocalizer voices with NVDA. If you buy the NVDA add-on, you can use them only with NVDA. If you buy the SAPI5 variant, you can use them with any program that supports SAPI5, including NVDA, without the need to pay extra to use them with NVDA.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 3.8.2019 г. в 8:36, Orlando Enrique Fiol via Groups.Io написа:

At 01:32 AM 8/3/2019, Gene wrote:
>An add-on is what it says, an add-on.  It isn't part of the
>screen-reader.  Many add-ons are free.  People develop them as a
>volunteer, non profit activity.  That doesn't mean they all are.  The
>add-on for voices that charge for their use must be paid for, just as
>the SAPI 5 voices you are discussing must be.  they are for profit voices.
>And if I want to develop an add-on and charge for my work, that would
>be my decision.  I can charge even if it all my original work.

Agreed. However, I think it's excessive to have to purchase both the Vocalizer voices and the NVDA addon just to use those voices with NVDA. Thatt voice venture would set one back by $184. I understand rewarding people's work in creating addons that render previously inaccessible applications accessible. But if NVDA requires an addon to run voices that every other screen reader can run on the SAPI5 Vocalizer license, that's a fundamental design flaw in NVDA.

Orlando Enrique Fiol