Re: code factory voices addon

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 10:15 AM 8/3/2019, Josh Kennedy wrote:
You are not required to purchase both sapi5 and the addon for $184.
You can just buy the sapi5 voice and exclusively use that one. Or you
can just buy the addon and just use that one.
If I understand correctly, though, the SAPI5 Vocalizer voices won't work with NVDA unless I purchase the addon as well. If they did, I'd simply purchase the SAPI5 license and use it everywhere.

So, why did I personally
decide to spend $184 on both the sapi5 and the addon you may ask? I
spent the $184 so the sapi5 voices could stay permanently on my
computer, but if I ever want to take NVDA with me to someone else's
computer I can choose to do that just by making a portable copy of
NVDA and putting it onto a flash drive with the codeFactory addon,
while leaving my sapi5 voices behind. It is far easier to quickly run
and register an addon rather than installing and uninstalling sapi5
voices on each computer I may go to. so the sapi5Â voices remain
stationary on my machine and my machine only. while the addon can come
with me on a flash drive if I wish, use it on another machine then
deactivate its license when I am done using it, like at a library.
I think I understand now. Are you saying that the SAPI5 voices will work with NVDA? Are you saying that thee NVDA addon only obviates the need to install each SAPI5 voice?

Orlando Enrique Fiol