Re: Sluggish NVDA for Weeks

Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...>

Hi,

I'm afraid I don't experience this problem.  Is this in a specific application?  Mozilla Thunderbird seems to lag from time to time on my computer for instance, going to "not responding" when I arrow up and down the message list or worse, when I write a message.  I don't think this is related to NVDA.  Microsoft Word in long documents with NVDA does seem to be slow, but a 5-second pause between each line is something I don't often see.  But if it happens no matter what application is opened, it if happens in the good ol' notepad, that's indeed worrying.  I would first check on the system resources (perhaps you have a hidden app gorging on your CPU or memory).

Using the same version of NVDA on Windows 10 (64-bit) here.

Vincent

On 8/5/2019 12:40 PM, Rich DeSteno wrote:
I have been using NVDA just about since the beginning.  Over the last month or two, I have found it to be very sluggish.  This is particularly noticeable when arrowing up and down through text. The speech lags way behind the key strokes, sometimes going silent for five seconds or so.  Needless to say, this is extremely annoying at times.  Is this a problem anyone else has noticed, or is it specific to my two systems?  I am using NVDA Version 2019.1.1 on Windows 10 and Windows 7 computers, with the problem present on both.