Re: Terminal improvements are coming to NVDA 2019.3!

g melconian

Sure, will do so when I have some free testing time. Have so many projects at the moment which have my attention.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Dengler
Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:36 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Terminal improvements are coming to NVDA 2019.3!

Hello,

I’ve been working as a Google Summer of Code student with NV Access over the past couple of months. My project involves improving NVDA performance and stability in the Windows Console used by Command Prompt, PowerShell, and the Windows Subsystem for Linux on Windows 10 version 1803 and later.

The new console support is set to ship as part of NVDA 2019.3, to be released later this year. In the mean time, I’d greatly appreciate your testing of, and feedback from, the latest master (alpha) snapshots, which can be found on this page. A limited version of the new support will also ship in 2019.2 within the next few weeks behind a feature flag.

Thanks in advance for testing, and be sure to let me know what you think!

Bill