Add-on Updater 19.08 is now available. This is the first of two mandatory updates for anyone using Add-on Updater.
- Version 19.08 removes an experimental feature to present a toast message on Windows 10 when new add-on updates become available. Although this is useful, it was found that it isn’t ready for primetime yet (thanks for community feedback). Because this experiment was controlled by a setting, version 19.08 removes this, hence this being a mandatory update.
- Version 19.08 includes a possible fix for download time-out. Specifically, if you respond to update notification more than five minutes of it appearing, you may get an error in regards to update download. This has been corrected, along with a new way of accessing the add-ons website to retrieve update status information for various add-ons.
The following describes Add-on Updater releases for the next few weeks:
- 19.08 (released today): supports NVDA 2019.1, first mandatory update.
- 19.08.1: to be released shortly after NVDA 2019.2 is released. The only change will be minimum NVDA version supported – 2019.2. This is not a mandatory update.
- 19.09 (anniversary update): to be released later in August (or by early September at the latest), second mandatory update for everyone and requiring NVDA 2019.2 or later. By then, if the time-out bug is resolved, it’ll become a permanent feature of this add-on.