Re: How to Stop NVDA saying down arrow when reading command keys?

Sarah k Alawami

Turn off keyboard echo alltogehter. I do this as I don't use it personally. There is also an option under speach somewhare to stop that.

Take care

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

On 8 Aug 2019, at 5:53, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:

Hello Everyone.

I have a user who is trying to make the transition from jaws to NVDA. He would like NVDA to read keys like tab, shift tab, enter, alt F4 etc but not the down arrow, up arrow, left/right arrows etc. Is there any way of forcing NVDA not to read certain modifier keys?

Very best wishes,

Mo.