Re: NVDA and adjusting spacing between text in word

Quentin
Many thanks for your detailed elaboration.

Quentin Christensen 於 9/8/2019 16:21 寫道:

There are a couple of methods.  The ones I usually use are:

If you type "name", then press TAB, NVDA will announce something like "3.17 centimetres" (The exact value will depend on your tab and measurement settings, eg it will likely be in inches in the US).  When you move to the next line and type "address" and then press TAB, you can check whether NVDA reports the same number.  If the number is smaller, press TAB again.  If the number is larger, move back to the first line and add another TAB after the first.

That way works for a couple of lines, but relies on you checking each line and can get messy.  The other way, is to create a table, if you make it two columns and one or more rows, put the "name", "address" etc in the left column, and fill in the details in the right column.  If you don't want the lines shown you can:
1. Select the table with alt, j, l, k, t
2. set all borders to none with alt, h, b, n

You can also set the table to autofit the contents, so the left column will only be as wide as the widest line:
To autofit contents, press alt, j, l, f, c.

If you want to right align the left column (so the text in the two columns is visually near each other), You can select the column with alt, j, l, k, c, then press CONTROL+R to right align.

Most, if not all of that is in the Microsoft Word with NVDA training module, so if you'd like to learn more about using Word, you might be interested in that book, which is available for $30 Australian, from https://www.nvaccess.org/product/microsoft-word-training-for-nvda-ebook/

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 9, 2019 at 5:41 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:
Hi all,
In case I need to present something like CV to a sighted person, I need
to adjust the text alignment of the file. For example if I have the
following portion of the file:

Name            :Peter Pen
Residential address: Some where, Somewhere street Building A
Email : somewhere@...

So by using NVDA, how I can I make sure those ":" and text after ":"are
vertically align with each other?
Thanks.
William

--