Re: Windows 10 mail app reading inconsistently in email composition window

Gene

It’s a workaround, but you can write your message in Notepad, review it, then paste it into the message.  You haven't said anything about spellchecking not working properly so you may want to use this method if you don't get an actual solution.

I sometimes do this on web pages where the editor provided by the page doesn't work properly.

From: Andy B.
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2019 8:19 AM
Subject: [nvda] Windows 10 mail app reading inconsistently in email composition window

Hi,

When I am writing an email in the Windows 10 mail app, NVDA 2019.2RC and earlier inconsistently reads the body of my email. For example, any attempt at using the arrow keys to review what I have written results in NVDA randomly reading text that isn’t present on the current line. If I go to the top of this email as I type it, then press down arrow, NVDA will sometimes read “hi,” multiple times as I go through the lines of text. What is going on, and how do I fix this problem?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10