From: Giles Turnbull
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2019 8:40 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] winamp

I think the best you can get is by Alt-Tabbing from WinAmp to a
different Window and back, at which point you hear the track title.

One thing I have noticed, and I don't know if it's a Windows update
that has made this happen, but all of a sudden I can navigate the
playlist window and NVDA will read the tracks and I can hit enter to
start that track playing. Until maybe two weeks ago all I could do
was play a directory and enqueue more files if I wanted and then
manually skip forwards with the CTRL+b shortcut.

It has always been a bugbear that I can't navigate the playlist on my
Dell laptop because I can on my Microsoft Surface Pro tablet, and
both versions of WinAmp are the same and both are using the latest
stable release of NVDA.

Sometimes if I have a couple of hours-worth of tracks lined up in
Windows that I want to play again, I'll go to the playlist and,
although I can't navigate it or hear what the title of the first
track is, I hit enter and the playlist starts playing. Then, about
two weeks ago, I heard the track title and, lo and behold, I can
navigate the whole playlist window again. Needless to say I'm totally
delighted by this, though haven't installed any new software lately
so, other than perhaps a Windows update, I can't think how it
happened! :)

Giles