Re: How to Stop NVDA saying down arrow when reading command keys?

Rui Fontes

That way no command key will be spoken...

NVDA should have the option to silent some of the command keys...

Rui

Às 16:08 de 09/08/2019, P. Otter escreveu:

disable command keys spoken in keyboard settings
cheers
paul otter
Op 9-8-2019 om 14:22 schreef Marcio via Groups.Io:
Gene,
I made a speech dictionary entry for down arrow, writeen in just that way down space arrow and in the pronunciation field, I placed a space. it worked. You will have to make dictionary entries for any keys you don't want spoken. But I don't think you should make one for tab. there are times when tab is spoken in multipage dialogs such as general, advanced, etc.
Actually, IMHO that shouldn't be done with any of these entries at all.
Just imagine you are reading a tutorial, then somewhere along that tutorial the author writes something like:

Press Alt + down arrow.
In this case, NVDA will read just "Press alt +" and the instructions won't be followed correctly, unless the person spells the entire line, maybe the entire text.

A better solution would be an add-on for working only with the keyboard case. Something that the NVDA Global Extra Plugin (or something like that, can't remember the exact name) seems to do, as indicated by Rui on another message.

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM> AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.