Issue with NVDA, Thunderbird, and pasting links

Scott Berry

Hello there,

I am noticing while pasting links in to my emails that NVDA 2019RC2 is taking some time to realize that the email link has been pasted in to the message.  Usually I always read my messages before sending unless I am in a hurry and I notice that when the link is first embedded it doesn't want to read the link unless I go up and down with the arrows several times.  It can vary how many times this is done.  Here are the exact steps I take.

1.  Open Thunderbird.

2.  Open a new message with Control plus N.

3.  I first write the message and when I get to the point where I think the link needs to be embedded I have the link in the clipboard and paste it in to the message.

3A.  I always try to make sure the link actually embeds so I will especially just look for the link by going up and down as well.

4.  Usually at this point is where I proof read the message and here is where NVDA has a hard time attempting to read the link.

NVDA is great and I use it every day for my work as a patient advocate.  I prefer it over any other screen reader that Windows can provide me with.

--
Scott Berry Certified Medical Office Assistant, Associates in Allied Health, Patient Advocate Please boogie on over to our site at: http://www.berrysadvocating.biz