From: Ryan Mann
Sent: 11 August 2019 19:25
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 and Eudora mail

Can you add contacts other than people who use live or Outlook email address is? A couple times I tried to add a contact and it seemed like you could only add those particular addresses.

On Aug 11, 2019, at 1:10 PM, David Griffith <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

People either seem to love it or hate it but the Windows 10 Mail app in my view works well.

It does not have bells or whistles but is normally a breeze to set up and on my system works very snappily. I really like the Preview feature with NVDA reading out enough of most mails for me to decide whether I need to read fully or just delete.

Press enter to read an email and escape to exit it.

Left and right arrows open and close threads in the inbox. Threads automatically open as you cursor down through the inbox.

There are 2 quirky anomalies which you need to get used to.

Firstly when replying to messages you need to press alt twice quickly to force NVDA to focus into the edit area to type your message.

The second is that as Mail loads new messages it sometimes shifts focus away from the inbox list of messages to the navigation bar.

If this happens you need to shit tab to focus again on the message list.

I have got so used to this it is part of my muscle memory now and is not really an issue though some may find it annoying.

If you are at all familiar with versions of Outlook a lot of keystroke shortcuts are familiar.

For example, Control enter to send a mail, control Y to open up a list of all your email accounts and folders. F9 to force a check for new mail, control R for reply and so on and so on. F7 does a spell check as in Outlook but here this unusually works on a single word at a time so you will need to press F7 repeatedly to navigate to each spelling error in a message.

I use Outlook as well but Windows Mail is definitely my preferred client for rapid handling of large numbers of emails.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10