Re: unlabeled buttons

George Bell <george@...>

Would it not make sense to inform software developers of their pure laziness in not labelling buttons anyway?

The message is finally beginning to get across to web developers about their lack of Alt Tags to describe graphics.  So why not buttons?

George

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 12 August 2019 15:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] unlabeled buttons

There is no way to label things in NVDA itself.  The only thing I can think of that might be used in this way is the Golden Cursor add-on, but I don't know if that is one of its functions.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, August 12, 2019 9:45 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] unlabeled buttons

You can look at the add ons page but I don't recall there ever beeing a way to label any buttons. I'm not in front of my windows machine but maybe look throughthe wonderfully written menual and see if I forgot something? I might have as I don't need to really label anything, and have not for about 9 years, at least on windows.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 12 Aug 2019, at 2:42, Robert Doc Wright godfearer wrote:

Is there anyway in NVDA to label a button that is not labeled? For example, in SPL Creator when adding information to a rotation there are two buttons that are not labeled. I figured out that they are decrease and increase. I would like to label them.

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.