Re: NVDA and the AutoComplete List in Outlook 2016

Quentin Christensen

Using NVDA 2019.2rc2 and Office 365 (16.0.11901.20170), I found:

- When you start typing a name, it doesn't autocomplete however list of suggestions does show below.  Press the down arrow to select a name from the list, or tab to select the first item from the list and add it to the current field.

- The first time I start typing a name in a message, the list appears but nothing is read until I down arrow through the list.  If there is more than one item in the list, NVDA reads it.  If there is only one item, the focus doesn't move, so NVDA doesn't read.

- After the first time, NVDA reads the first suggestion as soon as the list appears.

We do have an issue for this here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8502  I just added a comment, but if anyone has any extra information, please feel free to comment on that issue.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:49 AM Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:

That’s very strange that it would work with JFW and not NVDA. Perhaps others on the list has some suggestions?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Albert Ruel
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2019 4:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and the AutoComplete List in Outlook 2016

Skye, I’m using Outlook 2016 and JAWS 2019 as well as the latest version of NVDA.  It works well with JAWS and not with NVDA. 

Albert A. Ruel, Parksville BC, Canada

AlbertRuel@...

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sky Mundell
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2019 1:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and the AutoComplete List in Outlook 2016

Hello Albert. Sky here. I have tried typing in part of an email address using NVDA 2019.1. and it works fine on my end. What version of Outlook are you using?

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Albert Ruel
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2019 1:10 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and the AutoComplete List in Outlook 2016

Hi all.  For some reason NVDA doesn’t speak the AutoComplete List when I start typing people’s names or their email addresses in the To, CC or BCC Lines in Outlook.  Am I missing something like an Add-on?  This seems like a feature that should be there like it is with JAWS and Narrator.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thx, Albert

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2 RC 1 now available!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.