Re: Word Press

Jackie

Andrew, I think I know our moderator, Brian V, pretty well by now. I
like him a lot, actually, but, if I'm at all correct, I think he will
very soon ask us to take this to the chat subgroup. I am not
subscribed there & don't intend to, so might I urge you to look at my
signature for a resource where this is definitively on topic instead.

I'm dealing w/a machine that's in imminent hard drive failure & that I
need to send to the manufacturer for warranty service as well as 2
sick kitty cats, + some projects for my clients, but I will do my best
to help, as will the other members of the list. You may also wish to
consult my site:
www.wp4newbs.com
for some WordPress tutorials, in the event they're of interest.

Looking forward to seeing you on list! & just a friendly hello to Brian V.

On 8/13/19, Shaun Everiss <@smeveriss> wrote:
Well it depends what you are used to.

I find the gutenberg editor a complete mess and a waste of my time.

Its quite bulky even though its supposed to be more accessible now and
had so many issues during testing it was held back.

For me classic editor works well enough but I am quite basic in my posts.

I have people some ofthem blind that think of the block approach similar
to tetris and enjoy doodling with the advanced systems.

It depends how involved you want.

My blog has a 0spam plugin, a php checker, a healthchecker, a twitter
api, and a couple other things as well as jet pack monitering.

However as I said, I have had the same simple setup for nearly 20 years
now and I really can't see any reason to bother moving forward.

Its not like I am left in a hole, I mean the plugins update and the
wordpress version so its not like I am disadvantaging myself in the least.

Its true you need to install the classical editor plugin but thats fine.

The only change I have made of late is implimenting ssl into the blog.

I mean it was implimented but not inforced and now it is.

Bar removing outdated and broken plugins and themes I havn't bothered
with many differences for the last 20 years and have gradually built
myself up to a level I want.

But then you can say the same thing with winamp.

Its crap and in the past and some stuff doesn't play nice with it and I
know I should use fubar but I don't care to and I have all the plugins I
need and if it becomes to crappy or winamp6 doesn't do what it does I
can use wacup which I may just do anyway at some point.

On 14/08/2019 6:05 AM, AKH AKH wrote:
Has anyone developed a website using NVDA and WP?  If so, what page
editor did you use, please.

X X