Re: Word Press

Giles Turnbull

I was sighted in the early days of the internet (1990s) so websites I designed were hand-coded html and I still do that now in my blind Wordpress blog posts. I don't do anything more advanced than headings, bold and italics, occasional lists and images so I write my html in notepad, save it on my computer and open the draft in Firefox and then, if things are where they are supposed to be (i.e. I haven't missed a closing tag) I paste it into what is I think the classic editor and then post it.

I did pay a website designer to set my blog up so that it looked okay and the admin side was navigable. I've been using it since 2016 and post once per week ... last week's was my 141st blog post.

Giles