Re: After installing NVDA 2019.2 and a Win10 update

Arlene

I wonder if I have the same windows update?  I got one update this morning. NVDA came on saying your computer is updating do not turn off your computer.  I have Nairator say the same thing should NVDA not come on while your windows is updating.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Governor staten
Sent: August 14, 2019 1:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] After installing NVDA 2019.2 and a Win10 update

It is worth mentioning. It happens to me too. However, I think my issue is linked to video driver issues. It happened after I restarted after updating. I am on Windows 10 1903.

On 8/14/2019 4:00 PM, Giles Turnbull wrote:

Hi all,

I installed the update to NVDA 2019.2 this afternoon and have just installed an update to Win10 (Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.950)

I used the Install Update and Re-start option. As Win10 re-started I heard "windows is configuring your updates. Do not turn off your computer" and then I heard nothing more. I pressed the power button to reboot and the drives gave a slight whirr and then nothing more. I wondered if NVDA had failed to start so used a shortcut I have on my desktop to re-launch NVDA ... and NVDA duly re-started.

I looked in the NVDA preferences and somehow the option to start NVDA after Windows logon had got unchecked. I always have that checked so is that something that has somehow become unchecked iin instaling the update?

Just thought it might be worth mentioning :)

Giles