Re: After upgrading to NVDA 2019.2 NVDA became totally not functioning

Quentin,
Thanks for your reply.
I later contacted a local IT professional here in Hong Kong and found out that this error is related to one of the locally developed addon.
In that case, the problem may not be associated with the NVDA core, and I here now request the thread to be closed.

Quentin Christensen 於 15/8/2019 12:10 寫道:

I'm going to look into this for you.  In the meantime, if you set your language to something else, perhaps English as you seem to be fluent, and it's probably the most widely tested - then try updating and see if that works.  I just tried setting NVDA's interface to ZH_HK and it restarted in Chinese (Hong Kong) working normally (though that was the interface language, rather than the computer language).  I tried installing Traditional Chinese Hong Kong as a language in Windows and restarted the computer and again it worked for me, but maybe there's an issue installing that isn't there later on.  Which version of Windows are you using?

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 1:45 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:
Quentin.
I try restart and everything doesn't change.

I try reupgrading from 18.4 to 19.2 and after or during the automatic upgrade process, there is an error msg.
I used my microsoft seeing ai to read the screen and it said something like
'locale zh hk cannot be set.'

Quentin Christensen 於 15/8/2019 10:38 寫道:
Firstly,

Have you restarted since updating?  Most commonly, problems like this directly after updating can be fixed by restarting the computer.
Let me know if that fixes it (or not).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 12:35 PM Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:
Hi,
After upgrading to .2 this morning, my NVDA became totally not functioning.
I have 2 issues:
1 Since NVDA is not making any sound, I cannot create a bug file.

2 I need a NVDA 2019.1.1 installer yet I cannot find that from the
releases page of the NVDA.
Could anyone provide me a official link to the download?
Thanks.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager