Re: Accessible music notation software compatible with NVDA

Devin Prater

Try Lilypond. It is a notation markup language, which can be converted to PDF or Midi. Being a simple text file, Lilypond files can be written with NVDA using Notepad++ or any other editor, and its compiler is a program run on the command line, or in Powershell if you use that more. It is the most accessible.

On Aug 15, 2019, at 12:40 PM, Morne van der Merwe <mvdm13@...> wrote:

Hello list

I’m planning to complete my music studies and one of the modules is called Music Technology.  I must also be able to compose.  Is there anybody on the list who use a music notation software like Sibelius or Cakewalk Pro with NVDA?  And if so, how accessible is it?  And if not, are there other recommendations available on the market?

Kind regards

Morné