Re: NVDA 2019.2 now available

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

The best way to get rid of an old signature is to uncheck the box to have a signature, press ok and then go back in  recheck the box and then paste your new signature.

Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.

the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2019.2 now available

Just looking at it now, you are right, if you tab to the "pictures" button, then tab one more time, it doesn't say anything, but that's the edit field for your signature.  You can type in there but nothing is read.  By default it has "Sent from Mail for Windows 10".  What I would recommend for now, is write your signature in Word or Notepad or somewhere else, copy it, then come to this edit box, select all, and paste.

FWIW, Narrator doesn't work any better than NVDA at reading that section, so it definitely is an issue with that screen in Mail.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 3:19 AM Robert Doc Wright godfearer <godfearer@...> wrote:

By chance has any one figured out what to do about the windows 10 mail app where adding signatures are concerned? Microsoft disability support says that the field we need to enter text into is appearing as a graphic. It comes after the option to add a picture.

Jesus says, follow me and I'll help you through the rough spots.

the world says, hey come with me. My way is broad and easy. So what if you get crap on your shoes. You can always wash it off, can't you!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 3:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA 2019.2 now available

Good morning everyone,

NV Access is pleased to announce the release of NVDA 2019.2.  Highlights of this release include auto detection of Freedom Scientific braille displays, an experimental setting in the Advanced panel to stop browse mode from automatically moving focus (which may provide performance improvements), a rate boost option for the Windows OneCore synthesizer to achieve very fast rates, and many other bug fixes.

Please see the full release announcement, what's new, and download links at https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2019-2-now-available/ 

Kind regards

Quentin. 

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

NVDA 2019.2 RC 1 now available!

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.