Re: Feature when reading text with dashes

It is a simple matter to use the default dictionary to deal with this if you have material that you read frequently that uses separator lines, regardless of the character used.

I long ago added an entry to the speech dictionary to handle lines of repeated asterisks, dashes, or plus signs, when there are more than three in a row.  I've extracted the component parts here:

Comment:  Announce any long string of hyphens, plus signs, or asterisks as "separator line"

Pattern:  (\+|-|\*){3,}

Replacement:  Separator Line

Type:   Regular Expression

If that is included in the speech dictionary any line consisting of 3 or more of those characters, in any combination, will be announced as "Separator Line."   One could, of course, elect to have no replacement, but I never do that.  I want to know that something has been encountered, and what the nature of it was.

I'll include a couple of examples, with a description of what follows before each.  They will all read as "separator line."

All Hyphens:

All Asterisks:

All Plus Signs:

All three characters in repeating combination: