Re: NVDA Still Sluggish in Thunderbird

Don H

I have experienced a couple of times now since the most recent update to NVDA on my Win 10 1903 laptop and latest Thunderbird that when I open a message the arrow keys do not work. Hitting the up and down arrow keys does nothing. I resolved this issue by reloading the NVDA addons. It doesn't happen enough for me to start figuring out what is happening.

On 8/19/2019 11:23 AM, Rich DeSteno wrote:
I wrote to this list a couple of weeks ago about the increasing sluggishness of NVDA, particularly in Thunderbird  Unfortunately, this problem did not improve with the recent NVDA update.  I wonder if anyone connected with NVDA's development views this as a general problem and if there are any plans to address it.  Not only is NVDA slow to react to text, but it has spasms of silence for many seconds at which times it does not react to up and down arrowing or any other keystrokes.