Re: NVDA Still Sluggish in Thunderbird

Sarah k Alawami

Oh, I've had issues ever since I started using TB a while ago, in fact about this time of year. I think it is an issue with TBird. And not with nvda as I have just ben having strange issues like trying to paste in text and it sending a message instead, or justit laging when I type text into an email.

Take care

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.
For stuff we sell, mac training materials and  tutorials go here.
and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 19 Aug 2019, at 9:52, Don H wrote:

I have experienced a couple of times now since the most recent update to NVDA on my Win 10 1903 laptop and latest Thunderbird that when I open a message the arrow keys do not work. Hitting the up and down arrow keys does nothing. I resolved this issue by reloading the NVDA addons. It doesn't happen enough for me to start figuring out what is happening.

On 8/19/2019 11:23 AM, Rich DeSteno wrote:

I wrote to this list a couple of weeks ago about the increasing sluggishness of NVDA, particularly in Thunderbird  Unfortunately, this problem did not improve with the recent NVDA update.  I wonder if anyone connected with NVDA's development views this as a general problem and if there are any plans to address it.  Not only is NVDA slow to react to text, but it has spasms of silence for many seconds at which times it does not react to up and down arrowing or any other keystrokes.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.