Re: NVDA Still Sluggish in Thunderbird

Andy B.

My previous emails on this thread suspect imap with gmail accounts. Be sure to only sync what you need in your client instead of everything. Also keep in mind that if you have a laptop on battery power, NVDA below 2019.3 will be slow.

On 8/19/2019 5:58 PM, Gene wrote:
It should also be inquired what kinds of accounts people are using.  Is the problem limited to IMAP accounts, for example, or common to IMAP and POP3.  Perhaps all those having such problems are using one kind of account and those reporting no problem are using another kind of account.

Can't IMAP be set to automatically download messages, not just show the headers?  what effect does that have.  None of this may make a difference, but then again, it may.

Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 4:26 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Still Sluggish in Thunderbird

Hi Rich and all the others having this issue,

I am using NVDA 2019.2 with the Thunderbird enhancement app from NVDA
community with Windows 10 1903 and latest updates and I really am not
seeing this issue.  I wonder what anti virus or anti spyware programs
are being used by those having the sluggishness issues.  In the old
days, many times anti virus programs caused sluggishness with mail
programs as well as other issues.  I am using Windows Defender and
Malware bytes.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"