Re: NVDA pronouncing cups as Cuban Pesos

Quentin Christensen

This seems to be coming up a bit lately, and it seems to be hard to track down.  It's definitely the synthesizer doing it, and it illustrates exactly why NVDA does NOT interpret text but rather sends it as-is to the synthesizer.

For anyone experiencing it, could you please advise:

1) What synthesizer you are using
2) What your Windows locale (region / language / etc) settings are.

I think it might be a combination of those settings, as looking back I see the last person to experience this was using OneCore Zira on Windows 10, but I definitely can't replicate it.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 8:57 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
I posted about this all the way back in 2017.   I could consistently get this to occur in any MS-Word file where I was writing a recipe where a line was "1 cup flour," for example.

I used the default dictionary and simply used "cup" (with lower case C) as the match string and "Cup" (with a capital C) as the replacement string and it always said cup when I expected it to.  This tweak was also synth agnostic, even though the actual behavior was not.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

--
Quentin Christensen