Re: Clock Addon

Luke Davis

First, some questions:

Are you using the stable version or the development version of the Clock and Calendar add-on?

Have you tried contacting the developers of the add-on? they are still active, and the add-on was last updated in May.

To test, I installed the stable add-on in latest NVDA beta.
I set to 10 minute voice and sounds announcements, and started testing at 8:58 PM (20:58).
I set to the 24 hour quiet hours, and entered:
Start: 21:11
End: 21:38

At 21:00 and 21:10, I got the normal announcement I was expecting.
At 21:20, nothing happened.
At 21:22, I quit then restarted NVDA.
At 21:30, nothing happened.
At 21:40, I got the normal announcement I was expecting.

Since everything seemed to be working well, I now made the following changes:
I turned off 24 hour quiet hours mode.
I set the interval to 15 minutes.
I set the quiet start time to: 8:00 PM.
I set the quiet end time to 10:05 pm. Note the lower case--I just thought I'd try that, and also tried 8:00 instead of 08:00.

At 9:45 PM and 10:00 PM, nothing happened.
At 10:15 PM, I got the normal announcement I was expecting.

Therefore, I very much do not confirm your bug. If you repeat my steps (with adjusted times, of course), what happens?

The following appears on the add-on's page (accessible from the add-ons manager):

To avoid bugs, the quiet hours must follow a rigorous and precise syntax;

If you check the "Input in 24-hour format" checkbox, the format must be "HH:MM";
If you uncheck the "Input in 24-hour format" checkbox, the format must be "HH:MM AM" or "HH:MM PM", the HH must contain a 12-hour format, from 0 to 12 and th$
If you check the Quiet hours" checkbox and keep the "Quiet hours start time" or "Quiet hours end time" field empty, or type a mistaken value, the "Quiet hour$
A message should be displayed to report your error.

Luke

Andrea Sherry wrote:

Using latest NVDA and clock settings addon.Having some issues with the clock addon.

The problem is with the quiet hours setting.

Have tried both 12-hour and 24-hour settings.

My settings were to have chhime stop at 9:30 pm and begin again at 6:00 am.

In toth instances the addon was correctly set. However the time announcement continued throughout the night.

Any ideas?

Andrea