Re: Nvda on Usb

Kevin Cussick

Hi, agreed. it is to bad that Nvda still splatters the files all over the drive it should create an Nvda folder just saying.

On 22/08/2019 15:45, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 10:17 AM, Gene wrote:
But to keep files from being splattered on the drive without a
folder, I think its better to have the files in a folder.  If you
don't, they will be on the root of the drive or thumb drive.
I agree.   Some things that create portable copies also create a dedicated folder for same, others don't, and NVDA doesn't.
If I intend to have a portable copy of NVDA on a drive where I want lots of other stuff, I do as you've said elsewhere, create an NVDA folder, and move everything there.
But knowing how NVDA behaves when creating a portable copy, I don't ever create those on a drive where I already have lots of other data, as picking up all the pieces and sweeping them into a dedicated NVDA folder becomes much more difficult.   Instead, I create that portable copy on a blank drive, create an NVDA folder on the drive where I actually want it, then copy over the content from the other drive with a simple "select all/CTRL+A" to get it all at once.
This is a "live and learn" situation with each and every piece of portable software, depending on the behavior of what creates it.
*The color of truth is grey.*
           ~ André Gide