Re: setting Firefox as default browser using NVDA

Gene

But this may be nothing but one isolated incident, perhaps caused by a problem when you have one browser set as default and try to switch directly to another specific browser.  If no other problems exist, or they are so minor that they don't matter, there is no reason to do anything.

I suspect this is such a problem and I believe I recall cases from many years ago, where you couldn't switch default browsers directly from one to another if you were running one specific browser and tried to switch to another specific browser.

Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] setting Firefox as default browser using NVDA

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 05:01 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:
Ok, now this is just crazy.
Seriously, this is exactly the sort of OS eccentricity that calls out for Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

I agree it's crazy/bizarre, which suggests something is wrong in your Windows 10 instance.   Repair installs are simple to do, and knock out an awful lot of potential problems in one fell swoop.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide