Re: setting Firefox as default browser using NVDA

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 05:16 PM, Gene wrote:
I suspect this is such a problem and I believe I recall cases from many years ago, where you couldn't switch default browsers directly from one to another if you were running one specific browser and tried to switch to another specific browser.
Not that I doubt this, and it prompted me to test under Windows 10, Version 1903, Build 18362.295, and it does not occur.

I've switched the default browser app while all of the browsers are open and browsing, and when I activate a link in a standalone e-mail client, Thunderbird in this case, whatever I last set comes up.

This is not meant to start an argument, but probably will:  There are lots of behaviors that I am so familiar with "normal" that "atypical" just screams out at me.  The behavior described is highly atypical under Windows 10, and I prefer to take steps that address likely underlying corruption quickly.  Particularly when there's not a downside (or a significant chance of one) in doing so.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide