Re: setting Firefox as default browser using NVDA

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Brian,

I was intrigued by your recent discussion and so I had a go at changing my default browser from Chrome to Firefox. At first, it did not hold. But after two more attempts it did take.

I used Restart as the shutdown procedure. Should I have used shutdown instead? I have a feeling that I read something about the Shutdown procedure closing all windows routines but the Restart does not do so. I would be glad if you could clarify this for me.

After the second attempt, Firefox is now my default browser. My HTML files open in Firefox, as you would expect.

When I type a web address into the windows search box, the web page always comes up in EDGE! How can I change that default behaviour to Firefox? Edge is listed in the potential default apps but is not checked as the default, Firefox is.

All the best,

Cearbhall