Re: setting Firefox as default browser using NVDA

Luke Davis

On Thu, 22 Aug 2019, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:

I used “Restart” as the shutdown procedure. Should I have used “shutdown” instead? I have a feeling that I read something about the Shutdown procedure
closing all windows routines but the Restart does not do so. I would be glad if you could clarify this for me.
I am not Brian, but I can clarify that for you. It is, in fact, the exact opposite of what you thought. A restart brings Windows down, then restarts it from the ground up. These days, shutdown actually just puts your system into a hibernation mode (a more inactive form of sleep mode), and never really shuts it down. Therefore, restart is the more effective way to be sure Windows actually shuts down and comes back up.

When I type a web address into the windows search box, the web page always comes up in EDGE! How can I change that default behavior to Firefox? Edge is
listed in the potential default apps but is not checked as the default, Firefox is.
I don't know how to (or if you can) fix that, but if you use windows+r (the run dialog) to type your web addresses, they should open in the default browser.

Luke