Re: NVDA pronouncing cups as Cuban Pesos

Quentin Christensen

I just tried on that recipe, and reading the ingredients, with Microsoft Zira, 1/2 cup white wine is read as "cuban pesos".  If I change to Microsoft George or Catherine or several others, it reads the amount of wine correctly.  I know the different OneCore voices are installed with different language packs in Windows - because they're just names, I can never remember which comes with which.  I know Catherine is the Australian voice, so maybe they assumed not many Australian's would be dealing in Cuban Pesos, compared to folk in the US?

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 4:41 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Suzy,

      I just did the default dictionary entry using cup/Cup as described earlier, and made sure to make the context "Whole Word" at the end of the dialog, as I don't want, say, "cupid" mispronounced, and it definitely works.   I used the webpage you reference for testing.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

--
Quentin Christensen