Re: NVDA pronouncing cups as Cuban Pesos

Quentin Christensen

Good question Brian, it was only the 1/2 cup not the 2 cups.  I just tried writing:
1/2 cup
1 cup
2 cup
2 cups
1/2 cups
the cups
the cup

and Zira and David only read the first line and the 2 cup line as cuban pesos.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 10:12 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Quentin,

         Specific question:  Was it only cup, or cups, or both that said "Cuban Pesos."     For me it is only ever the singular.  And in this recipe specifically coming after a fraction not represented as a fractional character but as digit one slash digit two.

          I am using Microsoft David.

          And, both in pure snark and serious mode, you could probably count on your hands and toes the number of contexts where "cup" is stated as Cuban Pesos in the English speaking world where that would be correct.  That's what makes the synth choice all the more bizarre.

The color of truth is grey.

           ~ André Gide

--
Quentin Christensen