You've got NVDA in laptop keyboard layout, so the keys are a little different to desktop layout (NVDA+up arrow only works in desktop layout to read the current line) - similarly NVDA+A is now say all instead of NVDA+down arrow for you.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 10:50 AM Gabbert, Darren <gabbertd@...> wrote:

Thanks! NVDA + l worked. I got hung up on NVDA + up arrow keeps reading the document title.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2019 7:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Repeating Alt Text of the current object

Hi Darren,

If you press NVDA+up arrow or NVDA+l to read the current line NVDA will read Graphic then whatever the alt text is.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 9:57 AM Gabbert, Darren <gabbertd@...> wrote:

When I’m in Microsoft Word and in browse mode I can press g or Shift g to move from image to image. Is there a way to repeat the alt text of the image with focus? I don’t want to shift g and g, because I’m building a tutorial and don’t want the confusion.

Thanks!

Darren

Darren Gabbert
Sr. Business Operations Associate