Re: NVDA in Employment

Antony Stone

Anyone who suggests that open source software shouldn't be allowed in a secure
environment doesn't understand the concept of peer review and "we have nothing
to hide - look at our software and judge for yourself (I don't mean the
average user, I mean security experts) whether it's secure or not".

Proprietary software can hide all sorts of bugs and backdoors the vendor wants
to behind the cloak of secrecy. That's not the same as security.

Antony.

On Sunday 25 August 2019 at 13:38:39, kelby carlson wrote:

Hi, everyone,

I hope this isn't too off-topic. I recently heard an argument that NVDA is
bad for blind prospect's in employment because it is the "dumbed down"
solution. The person arguing this elaborated, saying that NVDA is not
customizable/flexible enough (too chatty"), that it was not able to be
scripted as easily, it didn't work well with as much proprietary software,
and that it wouldn't be allowed on secure environments due to being open
source.

So my question is this: how many people here use NVDA for work, and is
there a notable dilerence in level of usability with JAWS?

Also, does NVDA have a skim reading feature like JAWS?
--
If you can smile when all about you things are going wrong, you must have
someone in mind to take the blame.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.