Re: how to change bang to exclamation and tick to apostrophe

Giles Turnbull

I added dictionary entries so that they get spoken how I wish. It has worked for me, though I've only done it for the left and right versions, “” and ‘ which I get NVDA to say "left/right quote" for the first pair and "left/right tick" for the second pair. I lived in USA for 5 years so am quite comfrtable with hearing tick instead of apostrophe and bang instead of exclamation mark. I figure you can get NVDA to say anything you wish using the default speach dictionary :)

Giles