From: kelby carlson
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA in Emploandenp

I do actually use NVDA at work; my IT department didn't have an issue with it, so I wasn't aware that this was even a problem.

My real question is whether NVDA leads to noticeably less productivity in employment based on user experience of those who use it at work. I don't think it does for me, but I haven't used JAWS in a long time, so I'm not sure.

That skim reading feature doesn't look quite as advanced as the one JAWS has; no text rules etc.

On Aug 25, 2019, at 7:58 AM, Andy B. <sonfire11@...> wrote:

We are getting off topic, but most IT departments don’t have the resources to look through NVDA/Open source software and determine if it’s secure enough. Then again, JAWS also has its problems getting into secured environments.

Andy Borka

Accessibility engineer