Re: ALVA 544 Satellite Traveller braille display with NVDA

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Did you install the NVDA addon called something like Braille Extender?
But, that is such an old display, I'm not sure it will work with Windows 10.
But, try the Braille extender, or whatever its called. I am not at home where I can check.

Richard

Always look out for #1, and be careful not to step in #2.

On Aug 25, 2019, at 1:44 PM, Mohammadreza Rashad <mohammadreza5712@...> wrote:

Hello dear friends,
I've borrowed an abovementioned braille display, and want to use it
with NVDA. I connect the display using a USB cable. when I restart the
computer, it displayed that it's OK and waiting for connection. But
when NVDA starts, the display doesn't function.
I think that I should install its driver, because Windows says that
the driver is unavailable, but I couldn't find any driver for it. I
even installed BRLTTY, but it didn't recognize the display. What
should I do to use the display with NVDA?
Windows 10.1903 x64, NVDA 2019.2, ALVA 544 Satellite Traveler braille display.

--
    Best wishes,
    Mohammadreza Rashad