Re: Is there an NVDA add on for Whatsapp Web?

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

Hi Vincent,
Thanks a million for your help regarding Whatsapp Web with NVDA. I did not even know that there is a desktop application for it. Thanks for providing the link. I truly appreciate it.

Regards,

Ibrahim

On Aug 25, 2019, at 4:18 AM, Vincent Le Goff <vincent.legoff.srs@...> wrote:

Hi Ibrahim,

As far as I know, there are two possibilities: either use WhatsApp web as you suggested, or use the desktop application.  As far as accessibility goes, both might be somewhat equivalent, because the desktop application actually uses a web rendering.  I would think the website itself is more accessible, if only a little.  I used the desktop application for awhile and would have tried the web version if that weren't for this scan-your-PC-screen-with-your-iphone login that I can't possibly do alone (at least, I didn't find out how).

Desktop app (Windows 8 and higher, 32-bit): https://web.whatsapp.com/desktop/windows/release/ia32/WhatsAppSetup.exe

Whatsapp web: https://web.whatsapp.com

HTH,

Vincent

On 8/21/2019 4:20 AM, Ibrahim Abedrabbo wrote:
Hello folks,
Are there any add ons for accessing Whatsapp Web with NVDA? If so, where can I find it? What is the best way to access whatsapp on the PC with NVDA?
Any hints would be appreciated.

Regards,
Ibrahim