Re: NVDA in Employment

kelby carlson

Eric,

I really appreciate all of this information. Now if only I could get
Outlook to work on my work laptop... unlike every other system I've
been on where it works fine.

I have also had no issues with Thunderbird, except for the fact that
it has to download a lot of emails, and I don't think the lag has
anything to do with NVDA.

When the person who lead to this thread brought up things like skim
reading, I went and looked at the JAWS documentation; I can't help but
wonder if things like the standard "find" feature might be just as
efficient. (Think of creating a text rule, opening the skim reading
dialogue, getting to the text rule, and reading the list). Sometimes
features like that are not as impressive once you think about them.

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 11:32 AM, Gene wrote:

If it weren't for NVDA, there probably wouldn't be a subscription option.
About which I absolutely agree.   Between NVDA and Narrator, the folks at
Vispero who presumed that things would always go along as they had been for
years are quaking in their boots, and no one is more deserving of being
nervous, very nervous.

*The color of truth is grey.*

~ André Gide

--